Please see my full curriculum vitae here.
|Doctor of Philosophy||2005||University of Toronto|
|Master of Science||1998||University of Waterloo|
|Bachelor of Science||1995||University of British Columbia|
Employment and Training
|Assistant Professor||2013-Present||CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College and CUNY Graduate Center|
|Post-doctoral fellow||2010-2013||Harvard School of Public Health and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute|
|Post-doctoral fellow||2008-2010||Ontario Cancer Institute|
|Post-doctoral fellow||2007-2008||University of Toronto|
|Post-doctoral fellow||2005-2007||Royal Roads University|
|Instructor||2006-2008||Royal Roads University|
Bioconductor technical advisory board
Invited Talks (selected)
- A comparative meta-analysis of prognostic gene signatures for late-stage ovarian cancer. BioC2013: R/Bioconductor Conference, July 18 2013, Seattle WA.
- Colorectal cancer subtypes using FFPE tissues. Centre for Integrative Biology Seminar, University of Trento, May 25 2013, Trento, Italy.
- A comparative meta-analysis of prognostic gene signatures for late-stage ovarian cancer. Statistical Genomics and Data Integration for Personalized Medicine, May 12-17 2013, Ascona, Switzerland.
- Genomic data analysis in personalized medicine, epidemiology and metagenomics. Department of Biostatistics, Kansas University Medical Center, March 25 2013, Kansas City KS.
- Genomic data analysis in personalized medicine, epidemiology and metagenomics. Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, CUNY School of Public Health at Hunter College, February 28 2013, New York NY.
- Genomic data analysis in personalized medicine, epidemiology and metagenomics. Division of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, UMASS School of Public Health and Health Sciences, February 27 2013, Amherst MA.
- Genomic data analysis in personalized medicine, epidemiology and metagenomics. Southwest Oncology Group, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, February 20 2013, Seattle WA.
- Genomic data analysis in personalized medicine, epidemiology and metagenomics. Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Mayo Clinic, February 14 2013, Rochester MN.
- Gene expression profiling of archival tumors for long-term health studies. Omics Seminar, Channing Division of Network Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, September 25 2012, Boston MA.
- Prediction of clinical outcome from high-dimensional data: lessons from the microarray experience and application to metagenomics. MiRiBA MetaThink Meeting, Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, July 5 2012, Cambridge MA.
- Archival tissues and the prediction of patient outcome: clinical translation of gene expression profiling. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Seminar, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, April 2 2012, Calgary AB, Canada.
- Expression profiling of archival tissues for long-term health studies. Systems Biology of Diversity in Cancer Symposium, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, October 8 2011, New York NY.
- Bioinformatics and quality control of expression data from archival tissues. Emerging Technologies for Translational Bioinformatics: A Symposium on Gene Expression Profiling for Archival Tissues, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, August 5 2011, Boston MA.